ADV - North Shore Geology Explorations
Finland, MN 55603
Do you look for interesting rocks on every beach or gravel road and want to discover their story? Are you an agate or Thomsonite seeker? Perhaps you wonder about all those rock faces you see as you drive north on Highway 61? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this weekend workshop with recognized North Shore geology expert Margie Menzies is for you!
- Explore a variety of locations, including Wolf Ridge’s Marshall Mountain, the beaches and point of Sugarloaf Cove, and several additional unique geologic features.
- Learn the basics of recognizing the different rock types found along the North Shore.
- Decipher lava flows and read the stories told in their layers.
- Discover the connections between the geologic past of the area and natural features seen today.
The weekend includes several short hikes on uneven trail surfaces, rocky beaches, and a one-mile hike with moderate exertion.
This and other Fabulous Fall Adult Workshops are open to ages 18 and up.
To Register scroll down and click "Take Course" this will direct you the registration website and add the advanced training to your dashboard.
The course cost is $355 and includes course manuals and supplies.
Meeting from 7:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. on:
- Friday, September 27, 2019
- Saturday, September 28, 2019
- Sunday, September 29, 2019
Seats Taken: 0 of 12